Windows 10 Windows Security warns "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date," but I never installed F-Secure and can't get rid of it!

T

traigo12

My Windows Security icon in the taskbar is constantly red with an "Actions Needed" warning, but when I open it, the only issue is that "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date." I never installed F-Secure and had never even heard of it until this issue came up. There are buttons to "Install update" and "Open app," but neither one does anything because F-Secure is not actually installed on my computer. A file search also doesn't turn up a single file or folder containing the term "F-Secure."

Also, within the Windows Security dashboard, I can click "Manage providers" and see "Security Suite by F-Secure" listed, but still cannot open, update, or remove it.

I don't know where this came from or how to get rid of it. It doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but the problem is that if a real issue does come up I won't know because I'll think the red icon is just about this thing. I also worry about where it came from; that it might be a symptom of some kind of malware. If anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of this, that would be fantastic! Thanks :)

Continue reading...

Top Bottom