Windows 10 Windows PC Having Trouble Starting UP and Launching

A

AlecSoltes

Last night a power outage happened that caused the lights to go off for about 3-4 hours. When the power acame back, Windows said is was busy uupdating and that it shouldn't be interrupted so I turned off the monitor and went to sleep. When I woke up, I found that the bootup process was not working, constantly saying that the system was working on a fix but to no avail. Eventually I got prompted to do a stat-up diagnosis. it didn't seem to work until reset it one more time and it replied that it was cleaning the C disk. After that, every time I restart it loads normally but the lock screen doesn't work as it's supposed to.

For one thing, the Microsoft personal icon that shows up with the Screen prompting a password doesn't work, leaving me with just an empty portrait temlpate. Second is that when i log in, it loads permanently to a black screen. I can still use a mouse and open task managerwhen it fully logs in.

I've also been having the periodic problem where it gets stuck on the "Preparng Windows" screen after the password is confirmed for the login. I'm guessing this has something to do with windows not working, but I can't tell what or why.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Continue reading...

Top Bottom