Windows 7 Windows 10 upgrade fail due to overheat

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by DerekThipphavong, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Hi,

Over the weekend, I wanted to update my Dell Inspiron n5010 that originally had Windows 7 installed to Windows 10. I tried installing it through windows update but my computer kept overheating which lead to the installation to fail. Upon booting up, my computer would load the installation (blue windows logo with circles rotating underneath) and then lead me to another screen where my computer is "Restoring to previous operating system" or some message similar to that. After a few minutes, my computer would restart and go through the process of blue windows logo to restoring previous operating system to only restart again.

Frustrated, I left it alone until the next day. Again, I would boot up my computer that would lead me to the blue screen of death with the message "system_thread_exception_cannot_handle."

I don't know what to do here. I am not a very tech savvy person when it comes to this kind of computer issue. This is my first time ever upgrading my computer to another operating system.

Please help me :D

Continue reading...