Windows 10 Windows 10 - Error Code 0xc0000098 and \windows\system32\winload.efi and Corrupt Windows Files and Recovery Image

M

MatthewDillion

This all started when my pc failed to install Net Framework. I went through a variety of problems and errors and failed to install it after many of these solutions failed. By the time I failed to install Net Framework, I was left with more errors than I had previously. I tried to fix them. My attempt to fix only made things worse. This snowballed into my current situation. Lastly, I'm unsure if this is of any help, but this pc uses multiple hard-drives. After turning the pc on, a recovery image appears (described below). I have tried going into safe mode and disabling anti-malware from there. I installed Windows Media Installation tool and went from Bios to my UEFI USB to do a startup repair. Even after the startup repair, I was unable to get past the recovery image -- same recovery image with the same error. I also tried reinstalling, but the process was terminated due to "corrupt Windows files". I heard of a "reset pc" option, but I was unable to identify any option using my UEFI usb with Windows Media Installation tool. Options given were troubleshooot --> turn off pc, startup repair, and command prompt. No reset option. Any idea what this is? What should I do from here? Re-installation, Startup Repair, Disable Anti-Malware, and Safe-mode were unable to help me with this recovery. I tried a few commands from command prompt as well such as fixboot. That didn't help either. A few commands I used before this recovery image appeared are listed below, along with the error code.

A few commands I used via Command Prompt:

*chkdsk /f

*sfc/scannow

*I also reinstalled my drivers after following instructions on a post to restore my settings access. I was told if I uninstall my driver and restart my pc, I might prevent settings from crashing. With the following commands above this only seemed to make things worse

Update: After restarting my pc I recieve a Recovery message

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

File: \windows\system32\winload.efi

Error Code: 0xc0000098

Continue reading...

Top Bottom