Windows 10 System tray says no Internet access, apps don't work, browser works fine

J

JacobLeman

This is a bit frustrating. For some reason, my PC lists connections to Wi-Fi as 'no Internet access'. However, I'm able to use browsers (Chrome, Edge) without problems. I can't use any apps which require Internet access though; Spotify for Desktop says I have no network connection, as do Microsoft Office products. The biggest problem, especially thanks to COVID, is that Zoom and Teams don't connect to Internet.

I'm using Windows 10 Home 20H2 and OS 19042.844. My driver is Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1435 WNA v. 12.0.0.722. I've also tried all the fixes on relevant forums; there's definitely no problem with the Wi-Fi router, none of the troubleshooting options have detected any problems.

I tried to mess around in Registry Editor to fix it, but also to no avail. Similarly, I deleted and reinstalled all relevant drivers and it still doesn't work. I even reset networking with reboots twice, still no success.

Any advice? My product warranty isn't valid any more after 18 months- I'm never buying Dell again!- and I don't have the money to pay for full repairs.

Continue reading...

Top Bottom