Windows 10 System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10

J

Jine Bunya

Today I wish to share this solution that I found from this community credited by Syed Abdul Jabbar that he answered this issue long time ago.(Replied on September 21, 2015) In case you did not see it. However, First before you will do this step, I would like to share a trick to I have done and finally I can solve this issue :) Please follow me

1 open windows powershell admin

2 type chkdsk /r system will inform you that it will scan and fix disk when next restart

3 sign out and restart

4 I wait system fix about 3 house ago! however it have been fixed successful finally

5 I follow Syed Abdul Jabbar steo as below

Step by Step on how to fix the "The backup failed. New bad clusters were found on the source volume. These clusters were not backed
up. (0x8078007D)" error.

Close Backup and Restore.
Delete the Image Back folder (WindowsImageBackup) located in the destination drive.
Open Disk Management. (Start/Computer/Manage/Disk Management.
Note the size in GB for the partition (typically C :) Windows is installed on.
Right click on the Windows partition (typically C :) and select ‘Shrink Volume’.
In the ‘Enter the amount of space to shrink in MB’ box enter the value: 1024 (1.0GB) as shown above.
Click the ‘Shrink’ button. When the process has completed you will see ‘Unallocated’ space equal to 1.00 GB as shown below.
Right click on the Windows partition and select ‘Extend Volume’
Click on the ‘Next’ button in the ‘Extend Volume Wizard’ window. The ‘Maximum available space in MB’ value should be 1024 minus 1 (1023, see step 6 and image below). Click the ‘next’ button to reclaim the unallocated space.

Click the ‘Finish’ button.
Disk Management should now report the size of the Windows partition equal to what you observed in step #4.
That’s it, you’re done. You can now run the ‘Backup and Restore’ feature.

This solution may apply to windiws 10 version 1903

Continue reading...

Top Bottom