Windows 10 Please please let us turn off automatic updates that doesn't involve something so convoluted (based on other people asking this).

D

danij_m

This is about the 20th time your updates have ruined work. From not saving things, to not properly opening up everything after, to whatever else. I leave my PC on for a reason during the week, because I need to. It saves me so much time, and patients and its a convenience that I paid for by owning my PC and paying for this annoying OS. There isn't a single simple answer to stopping these, and that is just clearly on purpose and lazy scripting. I do not want your update. If I do, I will do it when it is better for me. Not in the middle of the night, closing everything and ruining a couple hours of work.

Not to mention I had to log into Microsoft to write this. Oh and your Feedback Hub is garbage too.

I paid for this, and having an option to not update automatically is not a lot to ask for. Can't wait for the replies that suggest some convulated way rather than it just being, hmmmm I don't know, in the updates section of the settings.

Just awful. I'm actually looking up Linux right now.

Continue reading...

Top Bottom