• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows 7 General Question <XP vs 7>

Z

Zimbabwe Jones

Thread starter #81
"Gordon" wrote in message

news:hve209$36n$1@news.eternal-september.org...

>

> "Zimbabwe Jones" wrote in message

> news:4c1a4e4c@news.x-privat.org...

>>

>> What's wrong? Your Ubuntu just won't cut the mustard? Didn't think so.

>> Most people need Windows to get their work done. If you want to play

>> around and waste time, then by all means continue to use that SHITTY

>> Ubuntu that most don't want or need.


>

> So what rock have YOU suddenly come from under? Yes there ARE applications

> that will ONLY run on Windows. If you use one of those then fine.




You seem to know that fact and I know that fact but Alias doesn't. I guess

you are too stupid to figure that out.





> Many millions of people use applications that run in Linux to do their

> work.




Good for them.



> That doesn't mean that Linux is as you put it, "shitty".




Linux is shitty for most people. That's the reason that so few people use

Linux on the desktop. Oops.





> Do you have the same opinion about MAC because it isn't Microsoft? Because

> if you don't then you are just one big HYPOCRITE. (And as you probably

> don't know what that means, go to your local library and look it up in a

> dictionary)




I like Mac and I just purchased a MacBook Pro the other day. I need it to

run the iPhone software development kit because I will be writing

applications for the iPhone and iPad. Better go to the library and look up

IDIOT because you are a first class one! LOL!
 
O

Old MacDonald

Thread starter #82
On 6/17/2010 4:05 PM, Zimbabwe Jones wrote:

>

>

> "Gordon" wrote in message

> news:hve209$36n$1@news.eternal-september.org...

>>

>> "Zimbabwe Jones" wrote in message

>> news:4c1a4e4c@news.x-privat.org...

>>>

>>> What's wrong? Your Ubuntu just won't cut the mustard? Didn't think

>>> so. Most people need Windows to get their work done. If you want to

>>> play around and waste time, then by all means continue to use that

>>> SHITTY Ubuntu that most don't want or need.


>>

>> So what rock have YOU suddenly come from under? Yes there ARE

>> applications that will ONLY run on Windows. If you use one of those

>> then fine.


>

> You seem to know that fact and I know that fact but Alias doesn't. I

> guess you are too stupid to figure that out.

>

>

>> Many millions of people use applications that run in Linux to do their

>> work.


>

> Good for them.

>

>> That doesn't mean that Linux is as you put it, "shitty".


>

> Linux is shitty for most people. That's the reason that so few people

> use Linux on the desktop. Oops.

>

>

>> Do you have the same opinion about MAC because it isn't Microsoft?

>> Because if you don't then you are just one big HYPOCRITE. (And as you

>> probably don't know what that means, go to your local library and look

>> it up in a dictionary)


>

> I like Mac and I just purchased a MacBook Pro the other day. I need it

> to run the iPhone software development kit because I will be writing

> applications for the iPhone and iPad. Better go to the library and look

> up IDIOT because you are a first class one! LOL!

>




Ignore him, It's Bill Yanaire. How ironic, only sheople that need to

have "what's cool" and don't think for themselves drink the Apple

koolaid. Since he likes sheep so much, this is what he needs to get

for his iPhone:



http://www.apple.com/webapps/games/virtualsheep.html



Then he can do whatever perverted things he wants with his virtual sheep.
 
Z

Zimbabwe Jones

Thread starter #83
"Old MacDonald" wrote in message

news:FzwSn.102679$_84.19411@newsfe18.iad...

> On 6/17/2010 4:05 PM, Zimbabwe Jones wrote:

>>

>>

>> "Gordon" wrote in message

>> news:hve209$36n$1@news.eternal-september.org...

>>>

>>> "Zimbabwe Jones" wrote in message

>>> news:4c1a4e4c@news.x-privat.org...

>>>>

>>>> What's wrong? Your Ubuntu just won't cut the mustard? Didn't think

>>>> so. Most people need Windows to get their work done. If you want to

>>>> play around and waste time, then by all means continue to use that

>>>> SHITTY Ubuntu that most don't want or need.

>>>

>>> So what rock have YOU suddenly come from under? Yes there ARE

>>> applications that will ONLY run on Windows. If you use one of those

>>> then fine.


>>

>> You seem to know that fact and I know that fact but Alias doesn't. I

>> guess you are too stupid to figure that out.

>>

>>

>>> Many millions of people use applications that run in Linux to do their

>>> work.


>>

>> Good for them.

>>

>>> That doesn't mean that Linux is as you put it, "shitty".


>>

>> Linux is shitty for most people. That's the reason that so few people

>> use Linux on the desktop. Oops.

>>

>>

>>> Do you have the same opinion about MAC because it isn't Microsoft?

>>> Because if you don't then you are just one big HYPOCRITE. (And as you

>>> probably don't know what that means, go to your local library and look

>>> it up in a dictionary)


>>

>> I like Mac and I just purchased a MacBook Pro the other day. I need it

>> to run the iPhone software development kit because I will be writing

>> applications for the iPhone and iPad. Better go to the library and look

>> up IDIOT because you are a first class one! LOL!

>>


>

> Ignore him, It's Bill Yanaire. How ironic, only sheople that need to have

> "what's cool" and don't think for themselves drink the Apple koolaid.

> Since he likes sheep so much, this is what he needs to get for his iPhone:

>




Hey shit-for-brains - It has nothing to do with what's cool. It has to do

with clients wanting an application and paying good money for me to write

it. Probably something you know nothing about.



Better you should stick with that factory job moving boxes around!
 
J

J. D. Slocomb

Thread starter #84
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:48:23 +0200, Alias

wrote:



>On 06/16/2010 04:59 PM, Frank wrote:

>> On 6/16/2010 1:22 AM, Parko wrote:

>>> On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 17:43:52 +1000, John Morrison sgraffire:

>>>

>>>> I tried Ubuntu on an earlier computer, it was quite a reasonable OS but

>>>> wouldn't run my favourite Windows programs.

>>>

>>> Of course it won't - natively. You could have tried Wine, or Crossover,

>>> or Playonlinux.

>>>

>>> http://www.winehq.org/about/

>>> http://www.codeweavers.com/products/

>>> http://www.playonlinux.com/en/


>>

>> What a total wast of time.


>

>You're a total waste of a human being.




You get carried away, old chap. Calm down.



There are a considerable number of programs that just won't run in

wine or crossover (essentially the same technology) which the sole

reason I keep a second operating system on the computer.





Cheers,



John D. Slocomb

(jdslocombatgmail)
 
A

Alias

Thread starter #85
alias gets caught lying again!...damn!!!

On 06/17/2010 10:20 PM, Frank wrote:



>>


> Fucking sheep got you in trouble...can you say hepatitis C?

> Oops!




Your ignorance regarding hepatitis C is showing. You're one of the few

people I've ever met that delights in someone else having a disease. How

do you justify that, Frank?



--

Alias
 
A

Alias

Thread starter #86
On 06/17/2010 11:50 PM, Zimbabwe Jones wrote:



>>


>

> Hey shit-for-brains - It has nothing to do with what's cool. It has to

> do with clients wanting an application and paying good money for me to

> write it. Probably something you know nothing about.




And something you know nothing about. Name one app you've written. You

can't.



>

> Better you should stick with that factory job moving boxes around!




Oh, so that's what you do. It figures, being as you're so fucking stupid.



--

Alias
 
Z

Zimbabwe Jones

Thread starter #87
"Alias" wrote in message

news:hvfdp3$ta5$2@news.eternal-september.org...

> On 06/17/2010 11:50 PM, Zimbabwe Jones wrote:

>

>>>


>>

>> Hey shit-for-brains - It has nothing to do with what's cool. It has to

>> do with clients wanting an application and paying good money for me to

>> write it. Probably something you know nothing about.


>

> And something you know nothing about. Name one app you've written. You

> can't.

>




I don't write commercial apps you retard. I write custom apps for clients.

Therefore you wouldn't find them for sale to the general public. What an

idiot you are.





>>

>> Better you should stick with that factory job moving boxes around!


>

> Oh, so that's what you do. It figures, being as you're so fucking stupid.

>




At least I'm not trying to push Ubuntu in the Windows forum! Look who's

stupid now (that would be you)! LOL!
 
D

Death

Thread starter #88
alias gets caught lying again!...damn!!!

Alias wrote:



> On 06/17/2010 10:20 PM, Frank wrote:

>

>>>


>> Fucking sheep got you in trouble...can you say hepatitis C?

>> Oops!


>

> Your ignorance regarding hepatitis C is showing. You're one of the few

> people I've ever met that delights in someone else having a disease. How

> do you justify that, Frank?

>




One...you've never met him.

Two...all thinking beings get enjoyment from watching a $14/wk lying

socialist with smug attitudes getting deadly diseases.

Guess that "sex with anything that is higher than I am" philosophy

didn't work out so well.



--

Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,

Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur.
 
F

Frank

Thread starter #89
alias gets caught lying again!...damn!!!

On 6/18/2010 2:18 AM, Alias wrote:

> On 06/17/2010 10:20 PM, Frank wrote:

>

>>>


>> Fucking sheep got you in trouble...can you say hepatitis C?

>> Oops!


>

> Your ignorance regarding hepatitis C is showing. You're one of the few

> people I've ever met that delights in someone else having a disease. How

> do you justify that, Frank?

>


You are the only person I've ever head brad about his sexual escapades,

then say he has cancer to get sympathy, but then admits he really has

hepatitis C.

Just another one of your typical LIES.



Here is a list of how one gets hepatitis C. Only one of them is an

innocent way.



* being born to a mother with hepatitis C

* having sex with an infected person

* being tattooed or pierced with unsterilized tools that were used on an

infected person

* getting an accidental needle stick with a needle that was used on an

infected person

* using an infected person’s razor or toothbrush

* sharing drug needles with an infected person



I don't "delight" in knowing you have HCV, but how do you "justify"

playing the sympathy card in here when in fact you did it to yourself?

Fact it, you obviously were on the "play now, pay later" life plan. You

deserve what you get in life and its now time for you to "pay the bill".

Oh and you are a real POS low life asshole loser and you prove it in

here every day.
 
M

Michael A. Terrell

Thread starter #90
Frank wrote:

>

> On 6/15/2010 12:40 AM, philo wrote:

> > On 06/14/2010 11:10 PM, Frank wrote:

> >> On 6/14/2010 7:37 PM, JC wrote:

> >>> First allow me to apologize as I am no USENET guru. Typically when I

> >>> decide

> >>> to make a post in hopes some kind soul(s) will give some input/feedback

> >>> towards my interests/concerns I am clueless which group to post to.

> >>> But I

> >>> will say I generally get a positive reponse where ever I post.

> >>>

> >>> For the past five or so years I have used 2000 on my home machines. They

> >>> actually still use 98 on the clients where I work (which is medical

> >>> laboratory) with an antiquated Novell network o/s and Oracle DBMS on the

> >>> server. This is primarily due to the fact that I have very antiquated

> >>> tools

> >>> (Visual Cafe for my IDE with SDK 1.1); my app will only run on 98

> >>> machines.

> >>> Anyway, that is neither here nor there.

> >>>

> >>> My question is about Windows XP vs 7. I am at a point where I would

> >>> like to

> >>> upgrade my home machines to XP. Even though I've been using 2000 for

> >>> so long

> >>> (and very satisfied with it) I do have some XP experience/knowledge.

> >>> Problem

> >>> is that one of the used machines I just purchased has XP on it because

> >>> that

> >>> is what was on it when I got it. Seems like it is not possible to

> >>> purchase

> >>> XP nowadays. It is all Windows 7.

> >>>

> >>> A few friends here and there have had me come and look at their

> >>> Windows 7

> >>> machines. They think because I have a degree in CompSci/Math that I know

> >>> everything there is to know about computers. I cannot make them

> >>> understand I

> >>> am a GUI programmer, database programmer, amateur DBA, and data

> >>> analyst. I

> >>> keep telling them I am not a technician but they will not believe me.

> >>> The

> >>> handful of times I've played around with a Windows 7 machine so far I've

> >>> found it very counterintuitive and confusing. I do not like it at all!

> >>> Not

> >>> knowing much about XP anytime I've worked on an XP machine I've

> >>> typically

> >>> had little if any problems.

> >>>

> >>> So the question I guess: Is XP a thing of the past? Can I no longer

> >>> get XP

> >>> (it definitely is not in stores)? If I wanted to migrate the clients

> >>> to XP

> >>> at work would that not be possible?

> >>>

> >>> Many Thanks,

> >>> -JC

> >>>

> >>>

> >> Take the plunge and go with 7, otherwise you'll be left far behind very

> >> quickly. 7 is the very best OS available today.


> >

> >

> > Total 100% bull

> >

> > there is no way Win7 will run on a machines that old...

> > it's strictly for new hardware


>

> You'd be surprised just how well W 7 will run on some old boxes.






You'd be amazed how little RAM a Win 98 computer needs to run.





--

Anyone wanting to run for any political office in the US should have to

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
 
F

Frank

Thread starter #91
alias lies about having cancer...

On 6/18/2010 2:18 AM, Alias wrote:

> On 06/17/2010 10:20 PM, Frank wrote:

>

>>>


>> Fucking sheep got you in trouble...can you say hepatitis C?

>> Oops!


>

> Your ignorance regarding hepatitis C is showing. You're one of the few

> people I've ever met that delights in someone else having a disease. How

> do you justify that, Frank?

>


One other thing that need be said about your lying about having cancer.

Those of us who are currently fighting cancer, or who have had cancer,

don't appreciate a weakling, scumbag, POS asshole lying loser like you,

lying about having this horrible disease, just to get to sympathy.

You are the weak, coward, POS loser excuse for human being you come off

as being.

Get a life you creep.
 
P

philo

Thread starter #92
On 06/15/2010 09:17 AM, Frank wrote:

> On 6/15/2010 12:40 AM, philo wrote:

>> On 06/14/2010 11:10 PM, Frank wrote:

>>> On 6/14/2010 7:37 PM, JC wrote:

>>>> First allow me to apologize as I am no USENET guru. Typically when I

>>>> decide

>>>> to make a post in hopes some kind soul(s) will give some input/feedback

>>>> towards my interests/concerns I am clueless which group to post to.

>>>> But I

>>>> will say I generally get a positive reponse where ever I post.

>>>>

>>>> For the past five or so years I have used 2000 on my home machines.

>>>> They

>>>> actually still use 98 on the clients where I work (which is medical

>>>> laboratory) with an antiquated Novell network o/s and Oracle DBMS on

>>>> the

>>>> server. This is primarily due to the fact that I have very antiquated

>>>> tools

>>>> (Visual Cafe for my IDE with SDK 1.1); my app will only run on 98

>>>> machines.

>>>> Anyway, that is neither here nor there.

>>>>

>>>> My question is about Windows XP vs 7. I am at a point where I would

>>>> like to

>>>> upgrade my home machines to XP. Even though I've been using 2000 for

>>>> so long

>>>> (and very satisfied with it) I do have some XP experience/knowledge.

>>>> Problem

>>>> is that one of the used machines I just purchased has XP on it because

>>>> that

>>>> is what was on it when I got it. Seems like it is not possible to

>>>> purchase

>>>> XP nowadays. It is all Windows 7.

>>>>

>>>> A few friends here and there have had me come and look at their

>>>> Windows 7

>>>> machines. They think because I have a degree in CompSci/Math that I

>>>> know

>>>> everything there is to know about computers. I cannot make them

>>>> understand I

>>>> am a GUI programmer, database programmer, amateur DBA, and data

>>>> analyst. I

>>>> keep telling them I am not a technician but they will not believe me.

>>>> The

>>>> handful of times I've played around with a Windows 7 machine so far

>>>> I've

>>>> found it very counterintuitive and confusing. I do not like it at all!

>>>> Not

>>>> knowing much about XP anytime I've worked on an XP machine I've

>>>> typically

>>>> had little if any problems.

>>>>

>>>> So the question I guess: Is XP a thing of the past? Can I no longer

>>>> get XP

>>>> (it definitely is not in stores)? If I wanted to migrate the clients

>>>> to XP

>>>> at work would that not be possible?

>>>>

>>>> Many Thanks,

>>>> -JC

>>>>

>>>>

>>> Take the plunge and go with 7, otherwise you'll be left far behind very

>>> quickly. 7 is the very best OS available today.


>>

>>

>> Total 100% bull

>>

>> there is no way Win7 will run on a machines that old...

>> it's strictly for new hardware


>

> You'd be surprised just how well W 7 will run on some old boxes.








My machine uses a dual core XP 3800+

and three gigs of RAM



Video card is a "medium grade" Nvidia



Runs XP and Linux just fine.



Just barely runs Win7.

With a few tweaks I can get it to run almost acceptably

but I'd hate to try it on any older H/W



For those who use Windows...

unless one is getting a pretty hi-end new machine...

I'd not recommend Win7
 
D

Death

Thread starter #93
philo wrote:



> On 06/15/2010 09:17 AM, Frank wrote:

>> On 6/15/2010 12:40 AM, philo wrote:

>>> On 06/14/2010 11:10 PM, Frank wrote:

>>>> On 6/14/2010 7:37 PM, JC wrote:

>>>>> First allow me to apologize as I am no USENET guru. Typically when I

>>>>> decide

>>>>> to make a post in hopes some kind soul(s) will give some input/feedback

>>>>> towards my interests/concerns I am clueless which group to post to.

>>>>> But I

>>>>> will say I generally get a positive reponse where ever I post.

>>>>>

>>>>> For the past five or so years I have used 2000 on my home machines.

>>>>> They

>>>>> actually still use 98 on the clients where I work (which is medical

>>>>> laboratory) with an antiquated Novell network o/s and Oracle DBMS on

>>>>> the

>>>>> server. This is primarily due to the fact that I have very antiquated

>>>>> tools

>>>>> (Visual Cafe for my IDE with SDK 1.1); my app will only run on 98

>>>>> machines.

>>>>> Anyway, that is neither here nor there.

>>>>>

>>>>> My question is about Windows XP vs 7. I am at a point where I would

>>>>> like to

>>>>> upgrade my home machines to XP. Even though I've been using 2000 for

>>>>> so long

>>>>> (and very satisfied with it) I do have some XP experience/knowledge.

>>>>> Problem

>>>>> is that one of the used machines I just purchased has XP on it because

>>>>> that

>>>>> is what was on it when I got it. Seems like it is not possible to

>>>>> purchase

>>>>> XP nowadays. It is all Windows 7.

>>>>>

>>>>> A few friends here and there have had me come and look at their

>>>>> Windows 7

>>>>> machines. They think because I have a degree in CompSci/Math that I

>>>>> know

>>>>> everything there is to know about computers. I cannot make them

>>>>> understand I

>>>>> am a GUI programmer, database programmer, amateur DBA, and data

>>>>> analyst. I

>>>>> keep telling them I am not a technician but they will not believe me.

>>>>> The

>>>>> handful of times I've played around with a Windows 7 machine so far

>>>>> I've

>>>>> found it very counterintuitive and confusing. I do not like it at all!

>>>>> Not

>>>>> knowing much about XP anytime I've worked on an XP machine I've

>>>>> typically

>>>>> had little if any problems.

>>>>>

>>>>> So the question I guess: Is XP a thing of the past? Can I no longer

>>>>> get XP

>>>>> (it definitely is not in stores)? If I wanted to migrate the clients

>>>>> to XP

>>>>> at work would that not be possible?

>>>>>

>>>>> Many Thanks,

>>>>> -JC

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>> Take the plunge and go with 7, otherwise you'll be left far behind very

>>>> quickly. 7 is the very best OS available today.

>>>

>>>

>>> Total 100% bull

>>>

>>> there is no way Win7 will run on a machines that old...

>>> it's strictly for new hardware


>>

>> You'd be surprised just how well W 7 will run on some old boxes.


>

>

>

> My machine uses a dual core XP 3800+

> and three gigs of RAM

>




Ohhh...so budget minded.

Pentium D's are faster.



> Video card is a "medium grade" Nvidia

>




A voodoo3?



> Runs XP and Linux just fine.

>

> Just barely runs Win7.




BS.



> With a few tweaks I can get it to run almost acceptably

> but I'd hate to try it on any older H/W

>




With a few tweaks, you may find your ass in a bind.





> For those who use Windows...

> unless one is getting a pretty hi-end new machine...

> I'd not recommend Win7




I'd recommend you not recommend anything.



--

Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,

Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur.
 
A

Alias

Thread starter #94
alias gets caught lying again!...damn!!!

Death wrote:

> Alias wrote:

>

>> On 06/17/2010 10:20 PM, Frank wrote:

>>

>>>>

>>> Fucking sheep got you in trouble...can you say hepatitis C?

>>> Oops!


>>

>> Your ignorance regarding hepatitis C is showing. You're one of the few

>> people I've ever met that delights in someone else having a disease. How

>> do you justify that, Frank?

>>


>

> One...you've never met him.




More the reason he shouldn't do that.



> Two...all thinking beings get enjoyment from watching a $14/wk lying

> socialist with smug attitudes getting deadly diseases.




I'm not a socialist nor do i make 14 dollars a week. Got any more lies

you'd like to share?



> Guess that "sex with anything that is higher than I am" philosophy

> didn't work out so well.

>




Um, hepatitis C is not a STD. Your ignorance is also showing. I got it

from a blood transfusion. It's a virus that can only be passed by blood

to blood.



--

Alias
 
A

Alias

Thread starter #95
alias gets caught lying again!...damn!!!

Frank wrote:

> On 6/18/2010 2:18 AM, Alias wrote:

>> On 06/17/2010 10:20 PM, Frank wrote:

>>

>>>>

>>> Fucking sheep got you in trouble...can you say hepatitis C?

>>> Oops!


>>

>> Your ignorance regarding hepatitis C is showing. You're one of the few

>> people I've ever met that delights in someone else having a disease. How

>> do you justify that, Frank?

>>


> You are the only person I've ever head brad about his sexual escapades,

> then say he has cancer to get sympathy, but then admits he really has

> hepatitis C.

> Just another one of your typical LIES.

>

> Here is a list of how one gets hepatitis C. Only one of them is an

> innocent way.

>

> * being born to a mother with hepatitis C




False.



> * having sex with an infected person




False.



> * being tattooed or pierced with unsterilized tools that were used on an

> infected person




True.



> * getting an accidental needle stick with a needle that was used on an

> infected person




True.



> * using an infected person’s razor or toothbrush




Possibly.



> * sharing drug needles with an infected person




True.



You forgot blood transfusions.



>

> I don't "delight" in knowing you have HCV, but how do you "justify"

> playing the sympathy card in here when in fact you did it to yourself?




Actually, the doctors did it to me, dumb fuck.



> Fact it, you obviously were on the "play now, pay later" life plan. You

> deserve what you get in life and its now time for you to "pay the bill".

> Oh and you are a real POS low life asshole loser and you prove it in

> here every day.

>




You are so uninformed it's almost funny.



--

Alias
 
A

Alias

Thread starter #96
alias lies about having cancer...

Frank wrote:

> On 6/18/2010 2:18 AM, Alias wrote:

>> On 06/17/2010 10:20 PM, Frank wrote:

>>

>>>>

>>> Fucking sheep got you in trouble...can you say hepatitis C?

>>> Oops!


>>

>> Your ignorance regarding hepatitis C is showing. You're one of the few

>> people I've ever met that delights in someone else having a disease. How

>> do you justify that, Frank?

>>


> One other thing that need be said about your lying about having cancer.

> Those of us who are currently fighting cancer, or who have had cancer,

> don't appreciate a weakling, scumbag, POS asshole lying loser like you,

> lying about having this horrible disease, just to get to sympathy.

> You are the weak, coward, POS loser excuse for human being you come off

> as being.

> Get a life you creep.




I never said I have cancer. Course you won't prove otherwise, you'll

just say I'm lying.



--

Alias
 
D

Death

Thread starter #97
alias gets caught lying again!...damn!!!

Alias wrote:



> Death wrote:

>> Alias wrote:

>>

>>> On 06/17/2010 10:20 PM, Frank wrote:

>>>

>>>>>

>>>> Fucking sheep got you in trouble...can you say hepatitis C?

>>>> Oops!

>>>

>>> Your ignorance regarding hepatitis C is showing. You're one of the few

>>> people I've ever met that delights in someone else having a disease. How

>>> do you justify that, Frank?

>>>


>>

>> One...you've never met him.


>

> More the reason he shouldn't do that.

>

>> Two...all thinking beings get enjoyment from watching a $14/wk lying

>> socialist with smug attitudes getting deadly diseases.


>

> I'm not a socialist nor do i make 14 dollars a week. Got any more lies

> you'd like to share?

>

>> Guess that "sex with anything that is higher than I am" philosophy

>> didn't work out so well.

>>


>

> Um, hepatitis C is not a STD. Your ignorance is also showing. I got it

> from a blood transfusion. It's a virus that can only be passed by blood

> to blood.

>




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQPJYnr48yU



--

Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,

Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur.
 
A

Alias

Thread starter #98
Zimbabwe Jones wrote:

>

>

> "Alias" wrote in message

> news:hvfdp3$ta5$2@news.eternal-september.org...

>> On 06/17/2010 11:50 PM, Zimbabwe Jones wrote:

>>

>>>>

>>>

>>> Hey shit-for-brains - It has nothing to do with what's cool. It has to

>>> do with clients wanting an application and paying good money for me to

>>> write it. Probably something you know nothing about.


>>

>> And something you know nothing about. Name one app you've written. You

>> can't.

>>


>

> I don't write commercial apps you retard. I write custom apps for

> clients. Therefore you wouldn't find them for sale to the general

> public. What an idiot you are.




Doing the back pedal break dance again, I see.



>

>

>>>

>>> Better you should stick with that factory job moving boxes around!


>>

>> Oh, so that's what you do. It figures, being as you're so fucking stupid.

>>


>

> At least I'm not trying to push Ubuntu in the Windows forum! Look who's

> stupid now (that would be you)! LOL!

>

>




I haven't "pushed" Ubuntu here since April. I don't plan to push it

anymore. YOU bring it up more than anyone else.



--

Alias
 
F

Frank

Thread starter #99
On 6/18/2010 11:05 AM, philo wrote:

> On 06/15/2010 09:17 AM, Frank wrote:

>> On 6/15/2010 12:40 AM, philo wrote:

>>> On 06/14/2010 11:10 PM, Frank wrote:

>>>> On 6/14/2010 7:37 PM, JC wrote:

>>>>> First allow me to apologize as I am no USENET guru. Typically when I

>>>>> decide

>>>>> to make a post in hopes some kind soul(s) will give some

>>>>> input/feedback

>>>>> towards my interests/concerns I am clueless which group to post to.

>>>>> But I

>>>>> will say I generally get a positive reponse where ever I post.

>>>>>

>>>>> For the past five or so years I have used 2000 on my home machines.

>>>>> They

>>>>> actually still use 98 on the clients where I work (which is medical

>>>>> laboratory) with an antiquated Novell network o/s and Oracle DBMS on

>>>>> the

>>>>> server. This is primarily due to the fact that I have very antiquated

>>>>> tools

>>>>> (Visual Cafe for my IDE with SDK 1.1); my app will only run on 98

>>>>> machines.

>>>>> Anyway, that is neither here nor there.

>>>>>

>>>>> My question is about Windows XP vs 7. I am at a point where I would

>>>>> like to

>>>>> upgrade my home machines to XP. Even though I've been using 2000 for

>>>>> so long

>>>>> (and very satisfied with it) I do have some XP experience/knowledge.

>>>>> Problem

>>>>> is that one of the used machines I just purchased has XP on it because

>>>>> that

>>>>> is what was on it when I got it. Seems like it is not possible to

>>>>> purchase

>>>>> XP nowadays. It is all Windows 7.

>>>>>

>>>>> A few friends here and there have had me come and look at their

>>>>> Windows 7

>>>>> machines. They think because I have a degree in CompSci/Math that I

>>>>> know

>>>>> everything there is to know about computers. I cannot make them

>>>>> understand I

>>>>> am a GUI programmer, database programmer, amateur DBA, and data

>>>>> analyst. I

>>>>> keep telling them I am not a technician but they will not believe me.

>>>>> The

>>>>> handful of times I've played around with a Windows 7 machine so far

>>>>> I've

>>>>> found it very counterintuitive and confusing. I do not like it at all!

>>>>> Not

>>>>> knowing much about XP anytime I've worked on an XP machine I've

>>>>> typically

>>>>> had little if any problems.

>>>>>

>>>>> So the question I guess: Is XP a thing of the past? Can I no longer

>>>>> get XP

>>>>> (it definitely is not in stores)? If I wanted to migrate the clients

>>>>> to XP

>>>>> at work would that not be possible?

>>>>>

>>>>> Many Thanks,

>>>>> -JC

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>> Take the plunge and go with 7, otherwise you'll be left far behind very

>>>> quickly. 7 is the very best OS available today.

>>>

>>>

>>> Total 100% bull

>>>

>>> there is no way Win7 will run on a machines that old...

>>> it's strictly for new hardware


>>

>> You'd be surprised just how well W 7 will run on some old boxes.


>

>

>

> My machine uses a dual core XP 3800+

> and three gigs of RAM




Are you sure about your CPU? I don't think the XP 3800+ even exist, but

I might be wrong.

>

> Video card is a "medium grade" Nvidia

>

> Runs XP and Linux just fine.

>

> Just barely runs Win7.

> With a few tweaks I can get it to run almost acceptably

> but I'd hate to try it on any older H/W

>

> For those who use Windows...

> unless one is getting a pretty hi-end new machine...

> I'd not recommend Win7
 
D

Death

Thread starter #100
alias gets caught lying again!...damn!!!

Death wrote:



> Alias wrote:

>

>> Death wrote:

>>> Alias wrote:

>>>

>>>> On 06/17/2010 10:20 PM, Frank wrote:

>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>> Fucking sheep got you in trouble...can you say hepatitis C?

>>>>> Oops!

>>>>

>>>> Your ignorance regarding hepatitis C is showing. You're one of the few

>>>> people I've ever met that delights in someone else having a disease. How

>>>> do you justify that, Frank?

>>>>

>>>

>>> One...you've never met him.


>>

>> More the reason he shouldn't do that.

>>

>>> Two...all thinking beings get enjoyment from watching a $14/wk lying

>>> socialist with smug attitudes getting deadly diseases.


>>

>> I'm not a socialist nor do i make 14 dollars a week. Got any more lies

>> you'd like to share?

>>

>>> Guess that "sex with anything that is higher than I am" philosophy

>>> didn't work out so well.

>>>


>>

>> Um, hepatitis C is not a STD. Your ignorance is also showing. I got it

>> from a blood transfusion. It's a virus that can only be passed by blood

>> to blood.

>>


>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQPJYnr48yU

>




IN case you can't get that working...



A pill to make you dumb

A pill to make you numb.

A pill to make you anybody else.



--

Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,

Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur.