Windows 10 Can't reinstall Windows 10 from a bootable USB to Toshiba Laptop?

K

KeatonXVU

Thread starter #1
Alright, so about a week ago my Toshiba Satellite C55 laptop took a rough hit to it's keyboard, and since then it won't boot up Windows 10, which I had upgraded from the pre-installed Windows 8 (I believe?).

When booting up normally, it gives me the "Check Media [Fail]" screen, followed by "No Bootable Device- Please Restart"

After checking around online, I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file from the Microsoft website and used Rufus to create a bootable USB drive from a brand new Sandisk Dual USB (64G).

As instructed, while booting up I used F10 to open the safe mode screen. I disabled Secure Boot, changed my Boot Settings from UEFI to CSM, and changed the boot order from HDD/SDD to USB. The screen recognizes that the USB is a Sandisk, but when I reboot it gives me PXE-E61 Media Test Failure error when checking for bootable devices.

I have Ubuntu on a separate drive and when I insert that at bootup, it will run that fine but only in the trial version.

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible it's a hardware issue and the damage caused the HD to be unable to boot?

Continue reading...

Top Bottom