Windows 10 Cannot start Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR with Samsung Odyssey HMD

T

ThunderBoltXCIV

Thread starter #1
I picked up a Samsung Odyssey HMD today, and have spent the better part of the day trying to figure out why I can't get SteamVR to even launch in order to configure my headset for use with SteamVR titles.

I have followed the normal procedure of connecting the headset, performing a firmware update, and allowing Windows Mixed Reality Portal to update itself. Once that finished, I opened Steam and installed SteamVR and the additional Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR. Launching either tool causes a loading window to appear briefly on my main monitor, and disappear without an error message. The app terminates with no indication as to what happened.

This snippet of the error log at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs\vrclient_steam.txt seems to indicate that the SteamVR drivers aren't loading:

Sat Oct 13 2018 23:44:15.301 - Could not create interface in driver holographic from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\bin\win32\driver_holographic.dll.
Sat Oct 13 2018 23:44:15.301 - Unable to init watchdog mode for driver holographic: VRInitError_Init_InterfaceNotFound​

Sat Oct 13 2018 23:44:15.314 - No drivers were capable of being watchdogs. Failing init.​

I have since uninstalled the SteamVR and Windows MR for SteamVR apps; I've tried installing the beta versions as well: no change. I've also reinstalled Steam, SteamVR, and Windows MR for SteamVR: no change.

I'm at a loss as to what could have possibly gone wrong, as I followed the Windows MR Portal's instructions, and the instructions listed here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/using-steamvr-with-windows-mixed-reality

Has anyone dealt with this issue before and found a solution? Or am I left with "reinstall Windows" as my final option?

Continue reading...

Top Bottom