Windows Vista "callingid not working" message everytime I connect to a website

T

taylor_made

I am helping my dad with his new laptop and this is my first vista
experience, so go easy on me! In a nutshell, everytime you try launch IE to
a website, the progress bar at the bottom shows that it starts going there,
but a message window pops up and gives the message in my subject line. Once
you clear the prompt, it takes you to the site. Problem is that it does it
every single time. His laptop came with something called "CA security",
which I thought may have been the culprit, but you still get the message when
it is completely turned off.
--
TX
 
K

Klarie

I have the same problem, and it's becoming really annoying!!!!!!



"taylor_made" wrote:

> I am helping my dad with his new laptop and this is my first vista
> experience, so go easy on me! In a nutshell, everytime you try launch IE to
> a website, the progress bar at the bottom shows that it starts going there,
> but a message window pops up and gives the message in my subject line. Once
> you clear the prompt, it takes you to the site. Problem is that it does it
> every single time. His laptop came with something called "CA security",
> which I thought may have been the culprit, but you still get the message when
> it is completely turned off.
> --
> TX
 
T

TIFF

I TO AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM, THIS IS ALSO OUR FIRST VISTA
EXPERIENCE. WHAT DID YOU DO TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR
YOUR HELP WITH THIS MATTER.
TIFF

"taylor_made" wrote:

> I am helping my dad with his new laptop and this is my first vista
> experience, so go easy on me! In a nutshell, everytime you try launch IE to
> a website, the progress bar at the bottom shows that it starts going there,
> but a message window pops up and gives the message in my subject line. Once
> you clear the prompt, it takes you to the site. Problem is that it does it
> every single time. His laptop came with something called "CA security",
> which I thought may have been the culprit, but you still get the message when
> it is completely turned off.
> --
> TX
 
O

orient74

RE: "callingid not working" message everytime I connect to a websi

Same problem here... no solution yet... i really dislike vista...

"TIFF" wrote:

> I TO AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM, THIS IS ALSO OUR FIRST VISTA
> EXPERIENCE. WHAT DID YOU DO TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR
> YOUR HELP WITH THIS MATTER.
> TIFF
>
> "taylor_made" wrote:
>
> > I am helping my dad with his new laptop and this is my first vista
> > experience, so go easy on me! In a nutshell, everytime you try launch IE to
> > a website, the progress bar at the bottom shows that it starts going there,
> > but a message window pops up and gives the message in my subject line. Once
> > you clear the prompt, it takes you to the site. Problem is that it does it
> > every single time. His laptop came with something called "CA security",
> > which I thought may have been the culprit, but you still get the message when
> > it is completely turned off.
> > --
> > TX
 
L

landscapingunlimited@gmail.com

Re: "callingid not working" message everytime I connect to a websi

On Jan 1, 3:41 am, orient74
wrote:
> Same problem here... no solution yet... i really dislike vista...
>
>
>
> "TIFF" wrote:
> > I TO AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM, THIS IS ALSO OUR FIRST VISTA
> > EXPERIENCE. WHAT DID YOU DO TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR
> > YOUR HELP WITH THIS MATTER.
> > TIFF

>
> > "taylor_made" wrote:

>
> > > I am helping my dad with his new laptop and this is my first vista
> > > experience, so go easy on me! In a nutshell, everytime you try launch IE to
> > > a website, the progress bar at the bottom shows that it starts going there,
> > > but a message window pops up and gives the message in my subject line. Once
> > > you clear the prompt, it takes you to the site. Problem is that it does it
> > > every single time. His laptop came with something called "CA security",
> > > which I thought may have been the culprit, but you still get the message when
> > > it is completely turned off.
> > > --
> > > TX- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -
Same problem here it seems to have something to do with windows fire
wall.
It has to be turned on.
At least that's what fixed the problem today "for now"
I don't understand Microsoft's position about wanting to get paid to
correct a problem with a new operating system and HP says it not there
problem.
Sal
 
D

denisep1124@yahoo.com

On Dec 27 2007, 7:19 pm, TIFF wrote:
> I TO AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM, THIS IS ALSO OUR FIRST VISTA
> EXPERIENCE. WHAT DID YOU DO TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR
> YOUR HELP WITH THIS MATTER.
> TIFF
>
>
>
> "taylor_made" wrote:
> > I am helping my dad with his new laptop and this is my first vista
> > experience, so go easy on me!  In a nutshell, everytime you try launch IE to
> > a website, the progress bar at the bottom shows that it starts going there,
> > but a message window pops up and gives the message in my subject line.  Once
> > you clear the prompt, it takes you to the site.  Problem is that it does it
> > every single time.  His laptop came with something called "CA security",
> > which I thought may have been the culprit, but you still get the message when
> > it is completely turned off.
> > --
> > TX- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -

Go to Tools in Internet Explorer, click internet options, then
Programs and Manage Add-ons, then disable the CA Toolbar AND Toolbar
Helper. Hope this helps!
 
S

scott

Re: "callingid not working" message everytime I connect to a websi

Thankyou so very much for the advice on disabling ca toolbar and tollbar
helper!!! works a charm!! Great work!!!!

"denisep1124@yahoo.com" wrote:

> On Dec 27 2007, 7:19 pm, TIFF wrote:
> > I TO AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM, THIS IS ALSO OUR FIRST VISTA
> > EXPERIENCE. WHAT DID YOU DO TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR
> > YOUR HELP WITH THIS MATTER.
> > TIFF
> >
> >
> >
> > "taylor_made" wrote:
> > > I am helping my dad with his new laptop and this is my first vista
> > > experience, so go easy on me! In a nutshell, everytime you try launch IE to
> > > a website, the progress bar at the bottom shows that it starts going there,
> > > but a message window pops up and gives the message in my subject line. Once
> > > you clear the prompt, it takes you to the site. Problem is that it does it
> > > every single time. His laptop came with something called "CA security",
> > > which I thought may have been the culprit, but you still get the message when
> > > it is completely turned off.
> > > --
> > > TX- Hide quoted text -

> >
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> Go to Tools in Internet Explorer, click internet options, then
> Programs and Manage Add-ons, then disable the CA Toolbar AND Toolbar
> Helper. Hope this helps!
>
 
N

Nan2527

I did as instructed, turned off ca tool bar and helper, but still got
the Calling ID is not working message. I stopped it by turning off the
CA Website Inspector. If I get a better answer from CA on how to run
the Website Inspector and not get this message, I'll post again.


--
Nan2527
 
R

Randall Flagg

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 09:15:23 -0600, Nan2527
wrote:

>
>I did as instructed, turned off ca tool bar and helper, but still got
>the Calling ID is not working message. I stopped it by turning off the
>CA Website Inspector. If I get a better answer from CA on how to run
>the Website Inspector and not get this message, I'll post again.


Nobody cares. The thread has been dead for a freaking year.
 
B

BadgerTS

-"Nobody cares. The thread has been dead for a freaking year."-

I care. I do support for friends and family and this post helped me
solve a troublesome issue.
So you before you jump off sounding rude and ignorant, realize that
many people have problems like these and check for help at all different
times.

None of the other solutions I found worked until this one, so thank you
very much Nan2527!!!!

Keep posting, you never know who will be looking for answers to
problems you've encountered.


--
BadgerTS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
BadgerTS's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/badgerts.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/866392.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
 
H

HPG

B

bslekt

How do I turn off CA Web inspector. It is not listed in the manage add
ons.
 
C

ch1moe

To turn off the CA web inspector,you have to open up the CA security
center.Then you go down to the CA website inspector tab and click on
disable.At this point,the green button on the top right which used to
say "protected" might now need to be fixed,so you click on that and then
disable the notification for the website inspector.


--
ch1moe
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ch1moe's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/ch1moe.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/866392.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
 
O

onlyterra

I have a friend who is having the same problem so I search for a
solution to help fix this issue for him and I found the following at a
CA Technical Support page
[http://ca.intelliresponse.com/iss/index.js...%27%3F&id=1415].
Below are the instructions you will find at the page above:

We have recently seen a number of these errors on Vista machines.
If you get errors from your browser with a message that says CallingID
is not working or similar errors from CA Toolbar (or CA Website
Inspector), then please do the following:

1. Uninstall CA Website Inspector and restart your computer.
2. Re-download a fresh copy of CA Website Inspector from your
welcome e-mail or online account.
3. Install this product with your license key.
4. Restart your computer.
5. If you have same type of errors again, You might have to wait for
the upcoming product updates that will release a fix for this.
6. Disable CA Website Inspector temporarily until your next product
updates.

Hope this helps anyone who has not found a solution.


--
onlyterra
------------------------------------------------------------------------
onlyterra's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/112983.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/866392.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
 
Top Bottom