Windows 10 black screen after idle

J

jkhcast

i have an HP ENVY 360 Convertible 15m-bp1xx 64bit with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-855OU CPU @ 1.80GHZ 1.99 processor. This was purchased in Nov, 2017. i noticed i started to have a hard time 'waking' my laptop up in the mornings as time went by. I decided to customize the power theme, by removing it from ever 'sleeping' Power: No hibernate, No sleep, turn screen OFF after 30 minutes. STILL COULD NOT WAKE IN THE AM. So i changed the power theme again: Power: No hibernate, No sleep, Turn screen off NEVER. STILL COULD NOT WAKE IN THE AM. So i changed it again. Power: No hibernate, Sleep after 1 hour, Turn screen off NEVER. STILL CANNOT WAKE IN THE AM. The only way i can 'wake' my computer in any of these scenarios is by using the Power button and shutting it down. Since i have apps running when this happens, i know i have seriously screwed up some programs. I know there was a device driver issue in 2015 with the Intel graphics that was causing a similar problem, but since it has been 4 years, i am HOPING that this was resolved and my version of the driver Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 version 24.20.100.6025 is not the problem. At this point i can only set the power to never hibernate, never sleep, never turn off the display, and run a screen saver. From what i have noticed, this is the only way to keep from seeing a black screen in the AM. This is a serious problem and i do not know what to do. Does anyone else have this issue and is there a solution that a NON IT person can fix without professional help.

FYI this laptop had windows 10 installed when i purchased, however, the backup portion of my settings has a section that says:

"LOOKING FOR AN OLDER BACKUP? If you created a backup using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore tool, it still works in Windows 10. Go to Backup and restore (windows 7)" Does this mean that this laptop was manufactured with windows 7 and the store where purchased, installed Windows 10 prior to my purchase? Or is this just the name of the backup tool?

Continue reading...

Top Bottom