Windows 10 Audio driver issue after windows update 1909

R

RothTamas

Hi.

I have updated my windows with the new feature update, and suddenly my speaker audio quality dropped (it sounds like a phone speaker now)

So here is my setup:

MSI b350 gaming pro carbon motherboard

AMD ryzen 2700x

32GB Corsair Vengeance pro ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070ti

I use a headset in the aux port and a Samsung N400 Soundbar in the optical audio output. (Realtek Digital output)

I figured from the start that this probably is a driver issue so I immediately went to device manager to update audio drivers. However, the driver for my soundbar is "Audio Endpoint" from Microsoft, and it should be a Realtek high definition audio driver (v 6.0.8746.1). This driver is installed on my computer, but it is shown as not compatible with my hardware. This worked before, so I uninstalled the windows update but still not working.

I have tried googling for help but I have not found anything that works. Any idea how can I fix my audio?

EDIT: I have narrowed it down to the fact that the device was not migrated successfully after the update. Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{94ec45f3-b3a8-43d3-be66-27c5c24bd403} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Continue reading...

Top Bottom